Tuesday, May 28, 2013

David Bowie & Fashion

We are in the fashion mood. From the 8th of June till the 21st of July we will host the bookstore at Arnhem's Fashion Biennale . Within this edition's theme fetishism and other fashion-related topics we will have wonderful collection of books and magazines. Come and have look at 13 exhibitions curated by Lidewij Edelkoort, and our shop!
In the current issue of The New York Review of Books Ian Buruma writes about the exhibition in the V&A about David Bowie which starts as follows:
Every time I thought I’d got it made
It seemed the taste was not so sweet
So I turned myself to face me
But I’ve never caught a glimpse
Of how the others must see the faker
I’m much too fast to take that test

Ch-ch-ch-ch-Changes…
—David Bowie, “Changes,” Hunky Dory, 1971
David Bowie: “My trousers changed the world.” A fashionable man in dark glasses: “I think it was more the shoes.” Bowie: “It was the shoes.”* He laughed. It was a joke. Up to a point.
There is no question that Bowie changed the way many people looked, in the 1970s, 1980s, even 1990s. He set styles.
We sell the NYRoB (give us a call and we'll reserve a copy for you or send it to you) and a great book by Danny Lewis: David Bowie Style








No comments:

Post a Comment